Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Music Class

Claire and I have been taking a music class at one of the local rec centers. She  has really enjoyed it- especially the stamp that she gets at the end. She enjoys showing off her stamps.

Surprisingly, she behaves very well in class. She sits on my lap and follows directions and is mostly nice to all the other kids. She talks about music class all week. Today was her last class, and I need to figure out what to sign her up for next.

Here's a couple pictures:



 A favorite for all the kids was a big drum they got to beat on:

Here's something else going on with Claire...

She is OBSESSED with the word "poop." I thought this was a boy thing. I was wrong. She thinks it is hilarious to go around saying "poop" and even made me come up with a song about poop that she wants me to sing all the time (don't ask how that got started). Because it was right after I was teaching the kids a new song at church, this was the song I came up with:

I came to earth with power to choose.
Good choices bless me and my family too.
Poop poop poop poop poop poop poop
Poop poop poop poop poop poop poop poop.

She and Audra crack up and Claire keeps saying, "again! Again!"

Ben told me I was being a bad mom by ruining a nice church song.

So I came up with a poop song to The Beatles "Hey, Jude." Ben was not happy. I told him he could come up with a poop song. The great things we get to do as parents!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Austin loves the word poop too and Nathan loves to tattle on him for using a bathroom word outside of the bathroom. Sigh...
Austin is also in a music class, but he is far more shy and doesn't quite love it yet. If Claire really likes the music-class-thing, have you looked into musikgarden or kindermusic classes? We're doing musikgarden and it's a great program. It sort of gradually steps up from toddler class to things like xylophones and then into piano lessons when they are older.

ferfischer said...

Ah yes - the fascination with poop and farts and pee starts early and lasts forEVER..... I loved music with the kids, and you see how much it adds to Cici's life! You can occasionally find some really nice instruments at the thrift store, and then they can go for it at home!