Unfortunately, the weather did not get our memo that we wanted nice weather for our trip, and it was rainy and COLD. The creek was really a pretty wide river which we had to cross, and we ended up feeling more like pioneers than vacationers. Such is our life. We will have to go back again when the weather is nice.
I have decided that Audra is forever my traveling buddy. She remained positive, and she and I got on the dunes and made the best of what was, in reality, a pretty miserable experience. We had fun, though, by golly- and should I never need somebody to troop through Europe with me, she's my gal.
Meanwhile, this is what the others did:
The dunes themselves were really cool. The sledding was pretty abysmal, but we definitely need to go back when the weather is nice. It is only about a 3 hour drive from our house, so a quick, fun 3-day trip would be fantastic. Anybody want to come visit us in Denver and then go to the dunes for a few days? Seriously, any takers???
We did go do the Junior Ranger program at the Visitor's Center, so the trip wasn't completely wasted.
The sand dunes sit right in front of the Rocky Mountains. It's quite incredible, actually. I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it.
2 comments:
I haven't been since I was a kid. I need to take the others. It would be fun to take a little trip! On the subject - we have a jogging stroller for Cici. How would it fare here? Bad, right?
I think it would be hard to push through the sand. Can she go on a sled and be pulled over to the dunes? It's about 100 yards from the parking lot to the dunes, all through the creek. But, the creek is dry towards the end of summer.
Post a Comment