Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Shirt

Today we made a trip to Goodwill. They were having their 50% off sale, and I was hoping we could find a black shirt for Ben because we had pictures taken today and he needed one (basically, I have decided that Goodwill is the only place we are ever allowed to buy clothes again- the deals are too good).

Ben assured me again and again that he hates black shirts and he would never wear it again. I didn't care, though, because we really only needed it for tonight.

We found a shirt. He didn't even try it on. We bought it for $1.50- if it didn't fit, who cares?

We came home, I washed it, and then he put it on. Dang, he looked HOT! Even he admitted it looked nice. He actually admitted that he really loves the shirt and he is married to the best wife in the world for picking it out for him.

We looked at the tag and saw that it is a Saks Fifth Avenue shirt. Just for kicks, I looked up how much this shirt cost retail.

Are you ready for this? $150!!!!!

Ben says it feels like a $150 shirt.

He says when he wears this shirt out he is going to want another one. I told him we weren't going to buy a t-shirt for him that costs more than his wedding tuxedo.

The shirt is officially the most expensive article of clothing in his wardrobe.

We decided we are now part of the 1% because we only paid 1% of the original purchase price- that's our kind of 1%!

Anyway, that's just our fun story about our VERY successful trip to Goodwill- we LOVE that place!


4 comments:

Danielle said...

I am not a very good thrifter, but I have to admit, our goodwill here in Ballard is Ah-MAZING. I have found some seriously awesome stuff here too, mostly for the kids. Nautica sweaters for like $2.99 that had never even been worn. Ralph Lauren sweater vest with tags still on, etc. When you live near the ritzy-ritzy people, you can score with all their cast-offs. ;)

ferfischer said...

We really prefer the Arc, mostly because of our involvement with them - they also do 50% off saturdays! I get ALL of our clothes from the arc. Half of them are barely worn! Especially for women. :) Great find!

Heather I. said...

That is hilariously AWESOME way to score!

Christina said...

Jenny- I should clarify: We are equal opportunity thrift store shoppers, Goodwill just happens to be the one closest to us!

Next time in town, we'll have to go to your Goodwill, Dani!

I do feel good about that score:)