This year may have been Ben's favorite Birthday since we got married. Why? Because I did practically nothing for it.
Normally, I like to do something big- a cruise to the Carribean, a trip to the Broadmoor, a surprise party with a gift of a Wii, but Ben never seems to really like it. We are different in that regard. I like big. He likes to stay home and relax.
So this year we kept things really simple. In fact, I don't even know what I got him for his Birthday. He found something on-line he wanted (some kind of USB something or other) and he ordered it for himself and that was that.
I did wake up early and make him his favorite breakfast (the baked pancake I raved about HERE). If you know me, you know that was a great sacrifice. I am SOOOOO not a morning person!
Audra made him a really cute sign that we hung up:
(I know it is hard to see, but I still want to remember it in years to come):
Here is Ben with the gift my mom got him: Will To Win: How Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos Made 2011 A Season To Remember. Based on what has happened the last couple of weeks, I am really glad he got this book.
As a special Birthday treat, I made him a "Chocolate Chip Molten Lava Cookie." For those of you who do not know Ben, chocolate chip cookies solve ALL of Ben's problems. If you get in a fight, need to tell him you're pregnant- whatever it is, chocolate chip cookies make it all better. So on pinterest I found this recipe and thought I would give it a try. It didn't work out too well- though it looked really pretty, it was pretty raw in the middle. I don't know if I will try it again.
Then, like most good wives on their husbands' Birthday, I left Ben for the night so I could go to book club and he could enjoy his Birthday night alone.
Do not be too sad. He got to play his new computer game that his parents bought him for his Birthday all night long while I was gone, so really, truly- I think this was his best Birthday ever.
Happy Birthday, Hon- I love you!
1 comment:
Funny - Ben reminds me of Alan that way. Alan doesn't like big celebrations for his own birthday either. It sounds like you know how to make him feel special though, even if it's not the traditional way. :)
Post a Comment