Monday, December 31, 2012

The Outcome Of My 2012 Predictions

Here's the predictions I made a year ago, and how they turned out:

1. Audra will be in kindergarten and will LOVE it. (True)
2. Claire will minimize her tantrums- only one a week instead of about 5 a day like it is now. (True- in many ways thanks to pre-school)

3. No visits to the ER. Hey, it worked last year- I'll try for another miracle this year. (True)

4. Healthy pregnancy with a perfectly healthy baby born in late May. Though we are scheduling a C-section, I am willing to bet I will go into labor before the C-section date and we will end up with an emergency c-section just like with Claire. (All true, except the baby came in mid-May, not late May)

5. We will have a baby girl. (we will know the answer to this pretty soon!). She will be VERY happy and an EASY baby- we deserve an easy baby the third time around. (TRUE- Thankfully!)

6. No big trips, because, well- we'll have a baby. (Not quite true because we did go to Utah- sans Ben- and I did take Camille to Utah for our roommate reunion. So while neither was a super big trip, but they were big enough!)

7. We will all be completely sick of political ads. (True)

8. I think the economy will pretty much stay the same. People keep talking doom and gloom (including myself), but the status quo keeps going, so I think it will continue to. Of course, it would be really nice if  more jobs were created and the unemployment rate went down, but I think things will pretty much be the same. (True)
9. I will can lots and lots of fruit this summer (I was just given over a hundred jars, a steam fruit canner, and several other supplies that I need to put to good use!) (Mostly True. I canned quite a bit, but certainly did not can over 100 jars)

10. I will be released from my current calling (assignment) at church and be put in the primary (kids classes) as one of two primary choristers. This is more of a hope- I got to lead music for senior primary before, and it is by far my favorite calling! (Though, Brittney, you are pretty awesome right now so they might not be willing to only let you do just junior or just senior primary. I can hope, though!) (True)
11. Ben will continue to be awesome at his work. (True- he was actually nominated for a couple of very prestigious trainings- we'll see if he gets it in a few months)

12. Life will continue to be good. Nothing extreme, just nice and simple.(True)

No comments: