Saturday, February 8, 2014

Our Weekly Headlines

This last week has been...interesting.

First off, it was FREEZING! Literally. Audra had two late start days this week because of COLD- not because of snow. It was in the negatives for 48 hours, and when it is that cold it is difficult to breathe when you are outside. I was glad for the late starts. We got to sleep in- plus, I was in charge of pre-school this week and so I had a shortened class on Wednesday.

This picture of Camille makes me laugh. She has this doggy coat, which she seems to like. But then I wanted to get a picture of her in it- and she did NOT want her picture taken! So, she leaned up against the door as much as she could and whined. Too bad for her though, she still looked cute! 

Then, the other news from this last week is that Ben traveled to Las Vegas for work. He was gone from super early Monday morning until this morning. I actually thought that I did pretty well. Ben's parents helped me out a bit, which was great- and needed. Everything went well until Friday morning. And then I just missed Ben. I really wanted him to come home! Thankfully, he is now back- and we are all grateful! Camille was so super excited- she kept bringing all of her toys over for Ben to see- as if Ben had never seen them before. 

The girls made Ben books to welcome him home, and we made a small banner. Audra was worried because I said we should name it "Welcome Home Dad" and Audra said, "Or should it say, 'Welcome Home Ben?'" I assured her that I didn't mind if it said Dad instead of Ben.

We learned something this week: Ben HATES traveling, and I HATE him traveling. I think five days of him being gone is my max. The problem is, it looks like he has a lot of traveling coming up in his future- with some trips being 6 weeks or longer. So, now we're in the unenviable situation of making some grown-up decisions about things that we really don't want to make.

Why can't things just stay the same?

I guess that's life. It could be worse. For  now, I'm just glad he's home and that the weather is slightly more moderate!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Sorry to hear about all the upcoming travel!

Kristin said...

Good job surviving on your own! And, I'm sorry about the increased traveling too. What a bummer! Good luck making those grown-up decisions.