After the Boosterthon, and after the pre-school graduation, we went and celebrated Audra's Birthday a little early.
We are mean parents and we decided to have friends Birthdays only every other year. I just can't handle big Birthdays for all three kids every year. Plus, it's nice to celebrate as a family. Since Audra's Birthday falls on a Sunday and we try not to do activities that cost money on the Sabbath, we told Audra she could choose any family activity she wanted and we would do it on Friday.
She decided she wanted to go to a different swimming pool than any of the free swimming pools in our town. She had gone there for a Birthday party about a month ago and she wanted Claire to be able to go since she enjoyed it so much.
Audra ended up having her MAPS testing this week. This is yet another state assessment that is pointless and that I opt Audra out of (to be clear: I am not opposed to all testing. I just think endless testing of a first grader in order to see "if" they learned anything is ridiculous). Because of that, she got out of school early every day this week, so it worked out really well to have her Birthday this week as we got to spend more time at the pool!
Audra fell in love with this pool because of this slide. She went down it about a bazillion times.
No comments:
Post a Comment