Friday, September 19, 2014

10 Years Ago


Ten years ago yesterday Ben proposed to me.

We took the picture above about 3 minutes before he got down on one knee. All I can say about this picture is, "We look so young! Check out Ben's hair!"

I tried to find my journal entry from that night (I am an excellent journal writer). Sadly, I could not, so I will have to relive that night via my own memory.

I knew Ben would be proposing soon- but I thought it would be the next weekend.

Ben duped me into dressing nice by telling me we were going to a murder mystery dinner- something I had always wanted to do.

He drove me up to Lookout Mountain, then pulled over. We took this picture, and then he got down on one knee and proposed. I immediately freaked out, until I remembered that marrying Ben was a GOOD thing, and of course I said YES!

We went back to my place where Ben had to call my dad. Ben had never asked my dad for permission. Ben said he had proposed and that I had said yes, and he asked for my father's blessing. Of course, my dad (who thought I would become a spinster and was impressed I found somebody) said yes.

Then we went to The Meting Pot for dinner. No murder mystery dinner, but the night turned out pretty well, nevertheless.

It's crazy that it's been 10 years already!

No comments: