Monday, February 13, 2017

YouthFest

Last Friday Audra had the opportunity to go YouthFest for 4H. This is a leadership camp for 4h-ers across the state from Friday night to Sunday. I planned to pick her up late Saturday night so she would be home for church on Sunday, but she was still incredibly nervous. Like, INCREDIBLY nervous. We all said lots of prayers for her and Ben gave her a blessing.

Despite her nervousness, I really felt that she needed to go to branch out. Since we homeschool, I worry that they don't get to practice being away from home and from me as much as schooled kids, so I wanted her to take this opportunity to get out and be herself without Mom being right there.

Turns out, there was nothing to worry about- she rocked it!

On Friday night her leader sent me this text: "Audra is so independent and so sweet! It seems she is really having a good time."



Here's a friend that Audra made:


When I got there Saturday night she was so sad! They were having a dance (after learning the swing), and NINE boys had asked her to dance! One of her friends said, "She keeps getting asked to dance!" Audra loved every minute of it, I am sure. She raved and raved about what a great time she had, and admitted that she didn't miss us at all.

It was neat for her to branch out. She is such a special kid. I mean, really, she is extraordinary. She simply has the sweetest and kindest personality. I'm so lucky to be her mom! It's incredible to see the person that she is growing into- she is going to change the world with her empathy, graciousness, and sweet spirit. I love being able to have a front row seat.

No comments: