I had almost an entirely new committee this year, which made this year really tough. We had a VERY steep learning curve. At one point I was really thinking we should throw in the towel.
This was the 18th year that Highlands Ranch has done this awards night. It was a beast to organize and execute, but in the end- it turned out incredible. Just like it always does.
Once again, I had the "delightful" honor of conducting the evening. I told some jokes and tried to keep it pretty light, which ended up working out well. People liked feeling a little more relaxed. I am not a big fan of conducting, but our local church leaders like the idea of having a woman conduct, as that rarely happens in our church.
We were able to get Jimmer Fredette to read the tributes that the students wrote to their teachers. Jimmer was a superstar at BYU and then went on to play in the NBA, and now plays in China where he has a ton of success. He actually lives in our regional boundaries, and his wife graduated from the high school I taught at, and that is how we were able to get him. He is incredibly nice! You would never think he is world famous- just a super down to earth, kind person. I was very impressed.
I was so incredibly tired when I got home! And, more than that, relieved! We had a last meeting the Sunday evening before the event, and everything was complete chaos. But, it somehow came all together and turned out simply amazing. I prayed and prayed that the Lord would magnify our efforts, and He did. Truly, it was awesome to be a part of such a great night. Our interim superintendent and two school board members came (and, don't worry- I was VERY nice). A reporter from the local paper came (which is the first tie that ever happened, and was fabulous!). HERE is the article in case you are really bored.




No comments:
Post a Comment