Sunday, August 13, 2017

4H Camp Out

 On Friday night I drove Audra and Claire to a 4H camp out in Rye, Colorado. I had never been to Rye. It was beautiful! Apparently it is labeled the "wet forest." There's lots and lots of rain, and beautifully tall trees. It reminded me of home. It was nice.

There were a lot of games. In one game, Audra and Claire had to do rock, paper, scissors to decide who won. Claire won.


We actually hiked up this river. Well, Claire and I didn't like how fast the current was going, so we mostly walked alongside the river. I wasn't in Audra's group, but I was told that she has suction cup feet and that even though she was barefoot (making everything more slippery), she basically rant up the river.



More games:


Each kiddo was given an egg to keep alive through the weekend. Claire broke hers in about 5 minutes, but one of the older girls allowed her to co-parent her baby egg. By the end of the camp out, a lot of eggs were still alive, so an egg race was the answer. To Audra's delight,she won!





It was a lot of fun. I'm glad the girls got to go and have some fun. I'm always so impressed with 4H!

No comments: