Saturday, December 16, 2017

Gingerbread Houses

All the parents were invited into the kindie class to help with gingerbread houses. But, I woke up feeling like death, so sadly I had to enlist the help of some of the other moms to be me for Camille. Thankfully, Camille wasn't upset, and in fact was very excited that Aspen's mom helped her.


They used whipping cream cartons for the frame- brilliant! Except that I didn't know we needed to bring in a whipping cream frame until the night before, so Ben got to make a late night run to the grocery store. Not my favorite part of kindergarten thus far.


Then, since I had such a horrible Friday, I knew we couldn't go to the Messiah Sing Along- a wonderful event that we were really looking forward to. The girls were really sad, but I appeased them by telling them that they could do their gingerbread houses instead. That worked.

Ben, of course, was in charge- so there are no pictures of them actually building, but here's the end result. We once again used the kit from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I don't care if it is the easy way out- there are some things that I am OK with cutting corners on, and this is one of them.

I still think they turned out cute,

Claire's is on the left, dad's on the right.


Camille's house kept falling apart, so she came up with this idea herself- she stole it from kindie. She found a box roughly the size of her house, and built up the frame. Even though it isn't quite right, I love that she used the skills she had learned and came up with a resourceful solution to her problem.

Audra's on the left, Camille's on the right.


This was supposed to be mine, but since I was out of commission everybody worked on it.


No comments: