Saturday, March 17, 2018

Creative Cooks

Today was Creative Cooks! The girls have all worked really hard (well, the 5 year old hasn't pulled her weight as much as the 8 year old would like), and even though we had to get up super early today, we made it down to the fairgrounds and the girls did a great job showing off their work.

Audra participated with her dear friend Ella. They chose the theme "Puppies" because Ella is the biggest lover of dogs you have ever met.  They had a great menu, but for today they only needed to make two items- paw-sta salad and Pups In A Blanket.


Claire and Camille worked together on their "Princess" theme. They actually did a great job working together and made princess wands and a princess carriage.


 The princess carriage was a hit


The cute paw-sta salad:


Sadly, Audra and Ella didn't win any ribbons. I think their recipes were too simple- if they decide to do it next year, I think they need to do some type of casserole. Lasagnas were really popular this year. I thought the homemade dough around the pigs would be complicated enough- I was wrong. Oh, well. Lesson learned.

Claire and Camille won for their division as they were the only ones in their division. They can therefore go to state. I don't know if we will, but we shall see.


I'm proud of all the girls today. They really did do a great job, and it is so nice that they are learning to cook!

No comments: