It did not come as a surprise- I knew about the storm since last Thursday, and I changed all my plans and prepared accordingly (as in, I did all the grocery shopping we would need for the week on Friday- there was NO WAY I was going to the store yesterday- and I was right. People said the lines at KingSoopers stretched all around the store. I have no idea why everyone waited until the last minute to get their gallon of milk when we knew about it for almost a week).
Anyway, it was still crazy to wake up to a foot of snow- with the snow still coming. In the end, we got about 16 inches, which is a lot- even for us.
The UPS which came to deliver something Ben ordered yesterday from Amazon (it's all Ben's fault) got stuck and had to be rescued by another UPS driver.
Our street still hasn't been plowed, and I don't know when it will get plowed. But, until it gets done, we are stuck. Without an SUV, there's no way we will even attempt to leave. In fact, Ben was supposed to go help shovel snow at the church, but there was literally no way he could go. Apparently the main roads are fine, it's just all the side roads that are bad. We are hoping we will get out tomorrow because we want to go sledding- even though it is only supposed to be 20 degrees for the high.
We are extremely grateful that Ben was able to work from home today! He said he had a co-worker from Chicago who was bragging yesterday about he would for sure go in today, but he stayed home, too, despite his bravado.
I made pancakes for breakfast, had the girls do the tiniest bit of school, then they went and shoveled snow for a couple of hours, came inside freezing and warmed up, we got a lot of excitement due to the UPS truck struggles, the neighbor came over to eat lunch and we watched "Klaus" on Netflix, then I kicked the girls outside again to go play in the snow where they built lots of tunnels.
All in all, it was a good day. This is the worst storm we have had for quite some time, but we used it to have a relaxing day at home.
The tunnels all connected underneath. The girls really enjoyed making these.







No comments:
Post a Comment