Never in my life have I looked forward to conference as much as I did this conference!
And, it did not disappoint! So many memorable things happened, with a temple in China being announced obviously the major highlight!
For conference, we tried something new. Each of us chose a word and a candy. Every time that word was said, the girls got to grab a candy from that bowl.
Ben chose Joseph Smith, I chose Restoration- those words were said A LOT. Audra chose Redeemer, Claire chose Temple, and Camille chose Hope. Those words were not said very much- until Elder Stevenson gave his talk and said Temple about 35 times- it was awesome! The girls were so happy! Then, Sunday morning Elder Holland gave a talk where he said Hope about 50 times! It was perfect- except for poor Audra whose word wasn't ever really said at all.
I asked them if they liked this and Audra said, "well, it is really fun and I'm definitely paying a lot more attention to the talks." They really did! They did finally get extremely restless for the last 30 minutes of the Sunday afternoon session- which means they did really, really, really well and paid very good attention for 9 1/2 hours! It was amazing- we never had that success before, so the candy was worth every penny.
They still played Conference Bingo and colored.
Despite Covid, we knew we needed to still have our traditional conference brunch. If crepes are involved, the girls are happy. So, I guess we would rename conference weekend to "eat a ton of treats" weekend.




No comments:
Post a Comment