This weekend we went to our annual camping trip with Common Ground Homeschoolers up at Golden Gate Canyon State Park. This year, three other families joined us, which was awesome. Sometimes we don't get any other families joining us.
These three families were great! The kids all got along great!
Audra missed the first night because she had a football game and had to be there for marching band, so Ben came up on Saturday morning to drop her off.
We stayed in a cabin for two nights. We came home exhausted!
This post I put on FB isn't entirely true, but I had fun writing it and it is mostly accurate, so here you go:
Once or twice a year I try to take the girls camping. I'd like for Ben to come, but he says, "I don't work hard during the week to pretend to be homeless on the weekend." I told him he's missing out on making memories and he says he has great memories sleeping in his own bed.
This time it was a two night trip. Because of marching band, Audra had to miss the first night. But I know she was sad because she said, "are you seriously going to make me come up the second night? Ugh!" to which I replied, "you are no longer my favorite."**
So off I went with the other two. We went on a beautiful hike in which I heard birds chirping, crickets singing, and lots of "this is the worst day ever" and "why do I have to go hiking just because you like hiking" from the children. So obviously they can't be my favorites, so I guess I'm now favorite-less.
Ben and Audra came up Saturday, Ben just for the day, Audra to spend the night. I went to give Ben a hug and he said, "um, no, you stink!" But he was wearing his birth control hat, so after 17 years of marriage I think it's safe to say we have both stopped trying and I give us another 6 months.
After two nights of sleeping like a chipmunk was gnawing on my face all night, I came home having learned that no matter what others think, mosquitoes find me attractive; smoke follows cranky mothers; and while yes, we are creating family traditions, sleeping in tents was everyone's family tradition until the "house" was invented, so maybe we should update our traditions.
Ben says I bring the madness upon myself.
Touche.
















No comments:
Post a Comment