I cannot believe I did not put this story on the blog, but somehow I didn't.
Elder Pace, the Sunday School General President, asked for stories about Come, Follow Me. I went back to 2019 to try and find this story, but it wasn't here.
So I'm putting it here now.
For our annual Jerusalem dinner that Christmas, we asked the girls what they learned from Come, Follow Me.
Here's the story, as sent to Elder Pace:
"With three primary-aged children, when the Prophet told us about "Come Follow Me," like many of you- we had no clue what to do.
So we decided to just jump in and see what would happen.
I wouldn't call the first year glamourous. There was a lot of whining, complaining, and frustration. But, there were also small glimpses of Heaven's light- times when a lesson really seemed to stick. These moments were small, but they were there.
After the first year, the year of The New Testament, we asked our children what they learned about the Savior over the year. Our then 9-year-old (note: Claire), the one who whined and complained the most, and who made Come, Follow Me so difficult throughout the year, said with the most sincerity, "I really feel like this year I have gotten to know Jesus. He feels real to me now."
And that is our family's testimony of Come, Follow Me. That each of us has gotten to know the Savior in a real, personal, intimate way. I will take all the whining in the world to have that be accomplished in our home and hearts!"
How on earth could I forget to put that here?????
No comments:
Post a Comment