Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Door Decorations

 Back in July when I asked Camille how she would feel if I applied for a job at her school, she gave me a death stare that would terrify Darth Vader.

I had to reassure her that it was HER school and she could ignore me and pretend she didn't know me. That made her feel slightly better, but she still wasn't happy.
But then something magical happened: She learned I have a key to get into the building early! All of a sudden I became the cool kid!
After about a month of school, she even waved at me.
She has continued to gradually warm to me.
And now, we have some sweet experiences- like her designing and us working together to decorate my classroom door for the door decorating contest.
I think now she's glad I'm there. It's been pretty great.
And she's awesome. Seriously, this kid is incredible. She makes everything better and I love standing on the sidelines to watch her spread her wings and fly.





No comments: