With fall break, we really didn't have anything planned, but I have been wanting to do a road trip to Amarillo for awhile, so we did it. It was quick- we left Sunday after church and came home Tuesday- but I'm glad we went. The drive wasn't too bad, 7 hours. Thankfully, we missed a horrifying accident where a train derailed and landed on I-25 killing a truck driver. It's simply awful- but we went through about 2 hours before the accident and avoided that, though on the way home I-25 was still closed so we had to take a slightly longer route home.
On our first day, we visited Palo Duro State Park- this was the impetus of the trip. It was very pretty- about the prettiest thing that Amarillo has to offer. Claire and Camille didn't like the hike until we got to the end and got to the dangerous rock climbing up to the lighthouse.
Do you see the gecko? It's there somewhere.
This cave was pretty fun, too
The weather was perfect- mid 70's. Not too hot, not too cold. There were a ton of warnings about wearing sunscreen. I think hiking this in the summer would be torture
Things we learned about Texas:









































No comments:
Post a Comment