Sunday, September 15, 2024

College Tour Road Trip

 Audra and I did a crazy ridiculous thing. After school we hopped in the mini van and drove to Grand Junction for a tour of Grand Mesa. Audra's friend Madison kindly gave us a great tour- she showed us the whole campus and did a great job.


Grand Junction Temple which will open in just a few months!


In the end, Grand Mesa is a TINY college, and Audra decided it is too small for her.

So, we continued on our journey and headed to BYU. I mean, it was just another 3 1/2 hours, so why not?

We got to Provo just in time for lunch at The Brick Oven.

I showed her everything from Brick Oven, the SWKT, Joseph Smith Building (where I loved to go to find peace back in the day), testing center (where I found no peace), The Marriott Center (she already owns it, so she should go there, and it paid for my college as I cleaned the toilets there for 4 years while in school- little did I know I'd be cleaning Marriott toilets, unpaid, for the rest of my life), and so much more. I'm not sure I convinced her that "this is the place" (iykyk), and unfortunately The Creamery was out of their mint brownies (that would have sealed the deal, dang it!), but BYU is now in her top two choices- woo-hoo!
















We stopped over at the Provo City Temple








My poor old, beloved Park Plaza! It's vandalized, all the windows are broken, and somehow not demolished- this is right across the street from BYU- how was this not  demolished- and not rebuilt?!? Still, it was sad to see my old home looking like this




Dinner at The Creamery!

It was 17 hours of driving. We are EXHAUSTED! But, she made some good decisions, learned a lot, and we had some great talks on the drive. It was worth it!

No comments: