Some dear friends sent me a beautiful "Missionary Mom" necklace that came with a note that said, "A piece of my heart is serving a mission." I am wearing it everyday!
And one of my sweet primary kids who shares a love of Disney with me sent me this to help cheer me up with Audra gone:
It really did make my day- such a sweet gesture!
Ben said, "nobody got me anything for Audra leaving!" I told him he needed to get up and bare his testimony and cry all the way through it like I did and then people will feel sorry for him.
I did bare my testimony on fast Sunday before Audra left. This is the gist of what I said:
"You won't believe me, but Audra was a terrible baby. She had colic for 12 months and she would just cry and cry literally all day, every day. There were a couple of times when I couldn't handle it anymore, and I would take her upstairs and put her in her crib, and I would go to the basement, and I would pray that Heavenly Father would send His angels to watch over her, because I couldn't in that moment.
Now, as she heads off to Brazil, I am saying that same prayer- that Heavenly Father will send His angels to watch over her.
I have thought about all the moms who have sent their babies on missions, and how many broken hearts have sent their babies to a world unknown. And I have thought that there is only one reason we do this: Because we love our Savior. And I do love my Savior, with all my heart. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know Joseph Smith saw what he said he saw. I know Christ lives, and I am so thankful for missionaries who go out into the world to bring the joy of Christ to others, even while their mothers are at home silently weeping."


No comments:
Post a Comment