It seems like all the little 4-year-olds started preschool today, and Audra is no exception. We took the standard pose, which seems to always be at the front door. Why is this? I don't know, but I figured that is where we had better take her "first day of school" picture because that is where everybody else took theirs.
Anyway, I was already to cry, but Audra would have none of it. In fact, she ran into the teacher's house without so much as a backwards glance, good-bye, or hug.
Some of you may remember that I wasn't ready to let Audra go to preschool last year. It just didn't feel right- we didn't feel ready. This year, I feel completely different. She is ready, and I am ready. I am so excited for her to begin this stage of her life (well, alright, I am a little sad, but not as much as I could be). She is anxious for school, to make new friends, to be a big girl. I am glad we waited to put her in, but now the time is right for her to begin her independence!
1 comment:
Yay for preschool! I'm glad Audra is excited and ready to have a good time.
Post a Comment