Friday, September 16, 2011

Tradition- With a Twist

For the past 4 or 5 years Ben and I have gone to the Chatfield corn maze. This year, for the first time, we took the girls on the entire corn maze. Last year we took them to the little kid maze, but this time we went to the big maze. As usual, we had a great time, and of course- I have the pictures to prove it!

Audra and Claire kept going up to the corn and saying, "yum, yum, yum!" and pretending to eat it. Audra said, "don't worry, mom. We're just pretending."



 In a corn maze, I have learned to let Ben lead while I follow. Why? Because the entire time we were in the maze he made one wrong turn, and we only walked for about 4 yards and then he realized his mistake and we turned around.




 Claire does not look too happy, but she is. She actually did really great, but about 2/3 of the way through she said "I want carry me" (that's how she always asks to be carried). I told her I wouldn't carry her, so she walked for another 12 minutes, then went to Ben and asked him. He complied- what a nice dad.

 Can you find Claire? She quickly decided that hiding in the corn was more fun than simply following us on the path, and soon all we could hear was, "I'm hiding in the corn!" It did get annoying after awhile, but it was pretty cute as well.


When I was a teenager I used to dream of going in a life-size maze. I love this little tradition of ours, and I love that we get to start the kids on this tradition as well.

1 comment:

ferfischer said...

This looks super fun! I think we may have to head down there sometime soon too!