This last weekend I had the opportunity to fly to Provo and visit with my old roommates.
It was wonderful, to say the least!
I was so blessed to have fantastic college roommates (and I include you guys, too, Dani and Heather!!!). We will be friends forever for sure! It is so great that now we all have husbands and kids and we have all gone in different directions, but every 2 years we get together and it is like we were never apart.
So, two years was up and it was time for us to get together.
I took Camille, of course, but left the other kiddos with Ben.
Here's Camille about to embark on her first plane trip (and first Roommate Reunion):
I had to make sure she was SUPER cute so that if she cried the whole time her cuteness would make up for it. Check for cuteness! And, she didn't cry so we didn't have to test my theory that her cuteness would override crankiness.
Both there AND back this guy was on our plane:
You get bonus points if you know who he is, and bonus bonus points if you know who he is AND you didn't graduate from BYU.
We flew in and out of Provo, which I HIGHLY recommend if you ever fly to Utah- it was SOOOOO nice! Such a small airport, and zero stress.
Anyway, Camille was a perfect baby until the second night when we went out to dinner. Then her lack of naps and regular routine caught up with her and she started to get pretty fussy. Poor girl.
My roommates and I had a great time!
We went to Bridal Veil Falls.
We went and toured campus- it has really changed since I was there.
We ate at the Brick Oven- YUM!
My Audra thought it was awesome that I was going to visit Audra, so I had to get a picture of Audra holding Camille. (I knew when I lived with Audra that I was going to name my daughter Audra. Not only is it a fantastic name, but she is also perhaps the best person I have ever met- I love that girl!)
This is a favorite pose of ours. Normally, we put Kristin in a superman pose, but we thought it would be fun to include Camille in our tradition:
I am so glad that we still get together! The late night talks, The Creamery ice-cream, the time capsule- all of those things are a reminder of just how blessed I am!


7 comments:
I have no idea who that guy is...?? What a fun tradition- oh how I miss the Creamery, too- and you of course ;)
I will post tomorrow who it is!
The ice-cream was as good as I remember it!
I'm glad you got a better pic of "?" on the way back. Did you get his autograph this time? It was so good to see you and Camille! You're a trooper to come with a baby. I'm so happy about Claire's preschool helping her behavior too. That's fantastic! You definitely get points for figuring it out and being humble enough to admit you can't provide everything Claire needs. That's certainly one of the challenges of parenting.
The guy on the plane:
Jimmer Fredette, who now plays for the Sacramento Kings.
He married a girl in my mother-in-laws ward and visits here quite often. Still, it was fun to have in on the plane:)
Kristin- No, I didn't get his autograph. I was tempted, but I didn't want to be one of "those" people!
It looks like you guys had so much fun! I wish I could have been there.
Looks like you guys had fun! Wish I could have joined in!
Post a Comment