Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Claire's First Day


Claire started pre-school today. I'm very excited for her! She's such a smart girl, she'll do great. I'm really impressed with how smart she is- she is quite a bit further than Audra was with her numbers, counting, and such. I think it's because she watches Audra and wants to do everything Audra does. Maybe being the second child isn't so bad, huh?

We are doing a home pre-school with her. There are 6 of us moms and we rotate each week who teaches. I would like to say it was some great altruistic reason that led me to want to keep Claire close to me, but no. It is much more mundane: money. I figure we'll save over $2,000 by doing this, so why not give it a try? Plus, I get to use my teaching skills which will be fun. We'll see how it goes.

Here's to a great year!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Yay for Claire! Spencer loved co-op preschool. We did it for two years for the same reason as you. It was nice for me to be able to teach again, but I found the lack of consistency (we switched houses every week) was really hard for the kids behaviorally. The group of kids we had the 1st year was much easier than the 2nd year even though they were younger. It really depends on personalities. Good luck!