Friday, May 16, 2014

Boosterthon!

The last two years I have served on our schools PTA. When I attended my first meeting, I was shocked that there were only 4 moms at the meeting. Since that time, those numbers have dwindled.

We live in a community full of helicopter-moms, so I was quite shocked. But, it is what it is.

Last year we did a Fund Run- it was the second year they had done one. A mom volunteered to organize it, and she did a great job. In the end, we raised about $6,000- which is a lot for our school (which is REALLY sad, because the school literally a quarter of a mile from our house has a PTA that raises over $65,000, and some other schools in our district raise well over $100,000 a year. We raise about $13,000 a year and somehow can't break that barrier).

Anyway, this year I sat in a PTO meeting with me and one other person, and we looked at each other and said, "We can't do this." So we partnered with a company called Boosterthon. They told us that we would profit over $18,000 from this one fundraiser if we went with them. Yes, we would have to pay them (the $18,000 was after paying them), but we would still profit way more than we did last year.

We decided to give it a shot. After all, if it didn't work, we simply wouldn't use it again- but why not give it a shot?

So we went with it.

We are SO glad we did!!!! This company was AWESOME!!!! They did EVERYTHING! And, we stand to profit over $16,000- which is less than they originally thought, but $10,000 more than last year and we didn't have to do anything!

It was really great- and of course I took plenty of pictures to prove it:

They had a tunnel for all the kids to run through and before the race Claire went and ran through and danced in it. She felt so special.

 It was so fun to see the kids dancing and getting excited for the run. It was a great time!

Camille danced to the music the whole time- she was incredibly well-behaved


Here is Audra's class after the race- they all did a fantastic job!

2 comments:

Shells said...

Most of the schools here do the Boosterthon too, glad to hear it worked for you!

Stephanie said...

I haven't heard of Boosterthon. I'll have to see if we have it here. We do d a lot of movie nights, a "McTeacher" night at McDonalds, but none of our fundraisers earn that much. I'm glad it was fun, profitable, and no work!