The hike has streams to cross over, logs to walk on, a waterfall, rock climbing- it has everything!
Unfortunately, it's also on private land so we probably won't ever go back. It makes me so sad!
What a fabulous spot to stop for a snack!
Were it not for the shadows, this would have been a cool picture. Next time, we need to remember to bring our tripod.
Much better:
I had to get a couple of pictures with Ben because the last time we were here was 13 years ago when we were dating. Here we are now:
And, here we are as babies on the same hike:
Ben had made us a special picnic lunch, with watermelon in the shape of a heart. Wow, a lot has happened in 13 years! He hasn't done that since.
Then, tonight we went to a Rockies game! The weather was PERFECT- we really lucked out because thunderstorms are all over the forecast, but not tonight. Other than driving downtown, it was a great night. Oh, except that the Rockies lost. They are actually doing incredibly well- one of the best teams in the league- but they played pretty horrible tonight. At least they lost to the Mariners, so we felt like it was kind-of a win since we love Seattle.
I have a lot of fond memories growing up of us going once a year to watch the Mariners play. I got to see Ken Griffey Jr. before he was the Hall of Famer we all know and love today. It was such a great family tradition of ours to go to the King Dome. Oh, the nostalgia of it all.
We really aren't baseball fans, but I am a sucker for nostalgia. I want my kids to experience baseball as an American past time. So we went, and we had a great time. Maybe, just maybe, we will even go again next year.
























No comments:
Post a Comment