Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Claire's Story

Today Claire started writing a story that I thought was quite good. She is doing this all on her own- it isn't an assignment- but I definitely think she has some great writing skills. I find her story quite engaging, even if I am a little concerned about her writing so convincingly about the main character running away from her sisters.

She worked on the stories for several hours today, so I won't type up her whole story, but this is her beginning- which I found captivating:

"The sun was shining, but it still was a very cold day. The wind blew my skirt as I walked. I didn't know where I was going. All I knew was that I was running away- away from home. Away from where I was born. The only home I knew- but it wasn't a nice home. Whenever you swept top to bottom and when you woke up dust an inch high is everywhere. Also, the house is pretty small so I have to sleep in the attic cramped in with all my sisters. Mary always snores so I never really sleep. So now I am away from my home."

Not too shabby for an 8 year old!





No comments: