And just like that, we blinked and the school year was 2/3 of the way done.
WHAT?!? Per usual, the school year is flying by.
Things are still going smoothly. We have stepped back from a lot of activities, and that has been really nice. I switched up their spelling program, we are doing Spelling Power now, but other than that I still love our curriculum.
In fact, I was a little bit stressed over our writing curriculum for next year because I LOVE the writing program they are on, but they aren't quite ready to move on to the next level. Turns out, they aren't supposed to move on to the next level yet, and instead are supposed to do enrichment levels. I know that sounds confusing, but is beyond perfect. Why? Because there is a program for 4-6 graders based on Fables, and a program for 6-8 graders based on US History. Claire LOVES fables (they are easily her favorite), so she will do that, and we are continuing our study of US History, so Audra will do that. Phew! Both of these programs will reinforce what they have learned this year- it's exactly what I wanted. Stress gone.
It's fun to see the end of the year in sight- even though so much of what we do actually goes on year-round (shh- don't tell the girls!). I can't believe next year will be our FIFTH year home schooling! Doesn't that mean I should have this whole thing figured out? HA!
I told one woman we home schooled, and she said, "Oh, that requires diligence and consistency." I thought to myself- "that is the perfect way to describe home school!" So many people say, "oh, you must have a lot of patience." What a joke! That is not the case at all. If this required patience, none of us moms would do it. But, we are diligent and we are consistent. And I really am seeing it pay off.
Now for a couple fun pictures.
Here's Claire doing some pictionary science:
And, I had to throw this in. Camille is studying habitats in Kindie and needed to dress like an animal, and thankfully she got rabbit since we already have a rabbit costume. She looked so cute!


No comments:
Post a Comment