Wednesday, April 25, 2018

No Biting!

Camille has had a real problem with nail biting. She bites her nails so much that they bleed. It is awful, and must be incredibly painful.

For months I have been trying to think of things that would encourage her not to bite her nails. Socks, band-aids, of course the usual disgusting nail polish- even really fancy nail polish that wouldn't be fun to ruin. All kinds of incentives- ice-cream sundaes, restaurant trips- anything I could think of.

Then, we were at KingSoopers and they had HUGE stuffed animals- like ones taller than her. She said she would stop biting her nails if she could one.

DONE!

It took, actually, several more months for her to finally stop.

Today, finally, I was able to clip her nails and she earned her stuffed animal!


We went to three different stores. Apparently life sized stuffed animals are only sold around the Christmas and Easter holidays.

Finally we found ourselves at Goodwill, and she found her animal. It needed a little stitching up and a bath, but now we have a happy girl, a beloved elephant, and long nails! Yahoo!


No comments: