Sunday, May 19, 2019

A New Era

I found out Thursday that I was being released from Public Affairs. Today was the day it happened.

This is not a surprise. I have had an inkling since December- it was even one of my 2019 Predictions.

But, that doesn't make it easy.

I have been in Public Affairs for 7 years, director of PA for almost 4. And I have absolutely loved every minute of it. I love organizing large events. I love putting together service projects. I love meeting people of other faiths and building relationships. I love attending random events like Ramadan dinners and Interfaith Councils.

And, I am good at it. As a stay-at-home homeschooling mom, I don't get to exercise my talents very often. I love being able to utilize my talents in a way that I feel like means something. Now, I'm sure I'll be put back in primary- which is fine, we all have to do our time there, but it's disappointing.

I know change is inevitable, especially when it comes to church callings. But, I will really, really miss this calling. I am very hopeful that I will someday circle back to Public Affairs.

No comments: