Friday, May 31, 2019

Sand Dunes!

Last Monday we were supposed to camp overnight at Great Sand Dunes National Park. Then we found out the temps were going to get to 32 degrees.

That is way too cold.

Last time we went to the Dunes, it was a bust. It was cold, windy, and miserable. I have absolutely no desire to be cold, windy, and miserable again.

So, we did not camp on Monday night, and instead decided to stop at the Dunes on our way home for a few hours.

This was the best decision! It was 70 degrees with little wind. The river was still flowing, and it was only an hour out of our way.

My camera did all kinds of updates while we were gone. That's why my pictures are somehow all tall and skinny instead of regular shaped (I have now changed the ratios). There is now a new Panorama feature, so I tried that out, too.

Obviously, as you will see from these pictures, I have a lot more to learn about how to use the camera.

There was a stunning waterfall off the freeway where we could stop and take pictures. It was stunning!
















 They decided to play "shoemaker" where they made each other mud shoes.




This trip was a TON of driving- we did well over a thousand miles. And it was so, so worth it! I'm so grateful my parents made the trip with us. I'm so glad that we just did it. I'm so grateful to make memories with these girls and show them the beautiful things in this world! They are Colorado natives- they should know the beauty of their state and this wonderful country. I want them to know the history of the Native Americans- the beauty that they created in the desert and wilderness.

I just love this world and LOVE sharing it with these sweet girls of mine!


No comments: