Thursday, December 12, 2019

Christmas Around the World!

Every year I wonder why on earth we do Christmas Around the World. And, every year it's one of the best things we do! It is SO MUCH WORK- but so incredible in the end. I asked the kids (not just mine, but others who have done it multiple times) if they wanted to do it again next year , and they all exclaimed, "YES!"

This year, since we are going on a cruise in a couple months, I had the girls each choose one of the countries we are visiting. Claire chose Cayman Islands because we have a Christmas ornament for it. Audra chose Belize, and Camille Mexico.

All three of them did a great job of doing most of the work themselves. They all had clear ideas of what they wanted to do, and researched and executed their vision. Camille wanted poinsettias to be her main focus. Claire wanted to make smoothies, so she made Pina Coladas (virgin, obviously). Audra wanted hers to be very professional.

They all did brilliant. Last year, when Camille gave her presentation you couldn't hear a word she said. This year, she nailed it- she spoke clear and loud enough. I was so proud of her!

I already have the library reserved for next year, so I'm certain we will do it again.






No comments: