I will never say that we are perfect at CFM, but we are trying to be obedient, and I believe there are blessings that come from being obedient.
Every Sunday after church, we gather the children together for our "third hour" of church. There's often whining and murmuring, but like I said- we are trying to at least be obedient.
I LOVED studying the New Testament last year. I learned so much about our Savior and His relationship with me and all of us.
But, doing the Book of Mormon this year has been wonderful! These our stories that I know well, that the children know well. It is a very visual read, with a ton of great stories. It's just a much easier read than any other scripture (and, can I just admit- I'm not really looking forward to the Old Testament. I'm glad we are a couple of years away from it!).
Anyway, we did have a sweet lesson a couple of weeks ago from 1 Nephi 11. I had the kids draw out what Nephi saw every time the angel said, "LOOK!"
They added Baby Yoda in several of the pictures. I told you- we aren't perfect at this.
For the first time in my dozens of times reading the Book of Mormon I saw the Tree of Life for what it truly is- the Savior. Not just the love of God, but truly the Savior himself. Everything about the vision is the Savior. We had a great discussion about it.
And this week for FHE Claire had fun making Liahona Brownies for everyone to find using a makeshift Liahona as our guide.
I'm so grateful for the Savior, and for CFM!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment