Thursday, May 21, 2020

Tiger Blanket

After Claire finished her stuffed animal yesterday, I thought we might be done sewing for awhile.

But, then I decided to pull out this project from my Grandma High.

When we were little, my grandma started making tiger blankets for all the grandbabies. Well, there were 24 of us, so I think she gave up after my oldest sister was born as she is the only one from my family who got one.

Apparently, however, she did cut out all the supplies for another blanket. It was missing a couple of pieces, but somehow I ended up with this extra set of fabric that just needed to be put together- over 40 years from when Grandma cut the fabric.

It's pretty cool that today Claire and I finally finished this blanket. Claire will get to keep it, even though she just wants to turn it into a rug. But, every time I look at it I remember Michelle having the same quilt growing up. It's pretty cool to see how this fabric has now made it down 4 generations to her great granddaughter. I am pretty certain she would be very happy about that.



No comments: