But, then more and more brush fires kept happening. It's been very hot and dry here!
After kayaking, we decided to go buy some fireworks- just some sparklers and fountains and small items.
30 minutes after we bought them, it was announced that all fireworks were cancelled and illegal due to fires.
In the morning we met with some friends from church to do a little parade- just having the kids ride around the park with decorated bikes.
In the afternoon we went to the swimming pool.
And, at night we watched Hamilton (oh my goodness I LOVE Lin-Manuel Miranda) and then went outside and shot of our fireworks. It was pretty cool because a lot of the neighbors had done the same thing we had- bought very not dangerous but still fun fireworks. So several of our neighbors organically ended up outside taking turns lighting fireworks. There were also a million very illegal fireworks from Wyoming being shot off- we didn't need a big fireworks show, the neighborhood provided it for us.
It reminded me of what I was little. Every 4th we all came out to the cul-de-sac and shot off tons of fireworks. Those are some wonderful memories! Back before Federal Way did their own big huge show- just sitting out with the neighbors celebrating our country.
The girls loved it- even if by 9:30 Camille was falling asleep on the lawn.
Fireworks blasted all night long, but by 11 I was still able to fall asleep, surrounded by the sound of fireworks going off everywhere.









1 comment:
I'm sorry your big show got cancelled at the last minute! It was never even a consideration for us. We had a lot of fun setting of "safe" fireworks with our neighbors this year too. I'm sure it was a record year for both legal and illegal fireworks all across the country.
Post a Comment