Thursday, November 26, 2020

Thanksgiving!

 Because Ben's family is part of our "pod" and we are all being super vigilant about Covid, we felt it was safe to meet for Thanksgiving. Covid is spiking in large part because of family gatherings, so we did not make this decision lightly. Like everything else, even something as simple as knowing whether or not to get together for family on this beloved holiday was a difficult decision. Certainly getting together with more extended family was absolutely out of the question, but we all felt safe with this decision.

Oh, how we all hope next year we can be together in large groups!

But, we had a lovely Thanksgiving. The girls and I spent the morning watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade (this is our second year watching it, so I guess it is a tradition now) and baking. We opted to only bake 1 pie this year because we wanted to support Village Inn so we bought a lemon meringue and pumpkin from them (I normally consider this complete blasphemy!) and then made an apple, and then we made crescent rolls and Jell-O.

Claire also got us to try a possible new tradition: Turkey cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Thanksgiving morning. She got the idea from a friend of hers and was quite adamant we do it. They tasted delicious, but I'm sure they look prettier somewhere on Pinterest.





We played some Ping Pong



The kids put on a play.


Claire drew us our annual Thanksgiving tree this year. She does a much better job than I ever did.


Ben: Walks around the block

Camille: I'm thankful for family and I'm thankful for paper, books, and blankets

Audra: Teachers, Band

Claire: Trees, Sticks to build teepees (they have built quite the tee pee wonderland in the open space that they spend hours playing at. It's awesome)



No comments: