Sunday, July 4, 2021

The Cabin, Day 3

 For the fourth, we went to Lake Easton and kayaked a little bit which was a lot of fun. The DeCremer's came up, making the house even more full of chaos, but the kids so excited. We had a BBQ, and all fireworks were banned. It's been terribly dry here, so while it was a bummer, it was expected. As night came, Camille came outside and said, "mom, I've been looking forward to s'mores and fireworks. When are they happening?" and I was like, "well, I have two points of bad news for you. Both are canceled because of the fire ban." She was bummed, but she had already had homemade ice-cream so I didn't feel bad about her missing out on the s'mores.



Tabatha went with Camille, and Matt had Rebekah:


Uncle Matt:


Grandpa and Tabatha:






After the lake, Mom, Melissa, Alicia, Ilea and I went into town for their little 4th of July festival. It wasn't great, but I'm glad we went and checked it out:



Enjoying a BBQ with cousins:


Performing a play:


Playing Twister:



Enjoying the hot tub:


The we watched the Disneyworld fireworks on TV while playing patriotic music in the background.

No comments: