Monday, August 1, 2022

Job Interview

 For the first time in 20 years, I had a job interview!

I applied for a job at Camille's future school- Trailblazer. I applied to be the Gifted/Talented Facilitator. I am not qualified. BUT, I am willing to learn and think the position is fascinating. It's part-time, which I want, and I think I get to pick my hours a little bit. And, I get paid for my Master's Degree, which is awesome. Unlike the sub job where the only requirement is that I have a pulse (and, I did get the substitute position and I am officially a sub for DCSD, but I never had to interview- it was literally a "you got the job" as soon as I got my fingerprints done), this job would actually utilize my degree which I appreciate.

The interview went really well. There were 5 people on the panel, and all of the questions were about gifted teaching- which I know nothing about. But, I had good answers and I think made a good impression. In fact, I'm fairly certain they want to hire me. Except, I don't actually have a teaching license. When I mentioned that to the principal, her face fell. But, she said she would call HR to see how to work through that situation. I figure if she is willing to call HR, she must want to hire me. Otherwise, why call HR?

So now, I wait. I think I'll hear back from her tomorrow.

Camille isn't thrilled about me teaching at her school. I have had to reassure her that it is HER school and she will have complete autonomy and I won't bug her at all.

We will see what happens!


Going with friends to a crepe restaurant to celebrate my interview:



No comments: