Sunday, April 9, 2023

Easter

 Elder Stevenson asked us to make Easter more of a major celebration like Christmas, and less about baskets and bunnies. We only had a week to organize, though, so we did our best. It wasn't perfect, but I feel like we did a pretty decent job of centering Easter on Christ. I had to speak in church, which was fun since my parents were there. I started my talk with this:

Several years ago, a man, his wife, and his cranky mother-in-law went on vacation to the Holy Land. While they were there, the mother-in-law passed away. The undertaker told them, “You can have her shipped home for $5,000 or you can bury her here in the Holy Land for $150. The man thought about it for a while and told the undertaker he would have her shipped home. The undertaker asked, “Why…why would you spend $5,000 to ship your mother-in-law home when it would be wonderful to be buried here in the Holy Land and spend only $150?” The man said, “A man died here about 2,000 years ago. He was buried here and three days later, He rose from the dead. I just can’t take that chance.”

It was pretty funny, and half the ward turned and looked at Ben and my mom on the bench.

Anyway, it was a great day. We went to Mac and Ann's for a lovely dinner, we did do Easter egg hunts, and we got new dresses which was fun.












No comments: