For Mother's Day we went to Village Inn for breakfast on the Saturday before. That's a tradition we had growing up with my mom, so this year I thought it would be fun if we started that tradition as well.
We sat down for breakfast and Audra pointed to the man sitting in the booth right next to us and said as loudly as she could (don't you LOVE it when they do that?), "look dad- you have more hair than that daddy!"
Nice. Well, she doesn't get to say that very often, so I guess she felt the need to mention it.
Then on the day I went into labor with Camille, Claire and I were at the park playing. She found a worm and was fascinated. She kept picking it up and dumping it in the water so the worm could drink. I think she killed it, but I'm not sure. Finally I told her that she should put the worm in the grass because worms like to dig holes. Without missing a beat she said,
"but them don't have hands."
I got a good chuckle out of that.
Lastly, today the older girls got obsessed with these popsicle sticks. I walked over to Camille and saw this:
So cute! I did have to take the stick away, however, because I remember when Audra was a little baby I gave her a pen and she immediately poked herself in the eye. Oops! Lesson learned from the first baby...
1 comment:
Haha! Good stories.
Post a Comment