Wednesday, May 2, 2012

An Update

I figured it was about time I gave a little update on this whole baby thing.

I'm at about 35 weeks, and as you can see- I look like it! I am definitely in "whale mode" and there is no doubt that a baby is coming. Audra's friend was over today and she said, "you have a really fat tummy." Don't I know it!

Our due date is June 3rd, but we have a scheduled c-section on May 27th. I am hoping I make it that long. Some of you may remember that I had a scheduled c-section with Claire, but my water broke at 2 AM the morning of the c-section and we had to rush to the hospital and it turned into an emergency c-section. Hopefully that will not happen this time, though I do not hold out much hope. Both my babies came a week early- which is the earliest they will schedule a c-section- so we will see if I can hold out long enough to make it without any labor pains.

The doctor has said the baby is measuring a little big, so we may have an 8 lb. baby- which would be the biggest baby of ours.

Some differences of this pregnancy to the others are:

-I am very much out of breath all the time. I was never out of breath with my other two, but with this one I always am.
-I itch everywhere. All the time. It sucks.
-Braxton hicks. Ughh! At 26 weeks I had very bad contractions- like, really bad and I thought I was going into pre-term labor. I laid down for a couple of hours and they went away, but then came back the next day. I was pretty worried, especially because it was right before our trip to Utah. I have tried to drink lots and lots of water and that has seemed to solve the problem. Now I just have to go to the bathroom 5-7 times a night. I'm not sure how to solve that.
-Swelling- or lack thereof. Unlike my other two pregnancies where I got the largest cankles on the planet, this pregnancy has been quite swelling-free, which has been nice. I attribute it to the fact that I never took a plane flight. I did with my other two, and that's when my bad swelling started.

Most frequently asked question:

We get asked all the time about baby names. Here's the answer:

We have absolutely NO idea! We have a list, but nothing on it really stands out. At this point, I have no idea what the name will be. Trying to come up with a third girl name is proving most difficult.

Audra has new names everyday. Her latest names are: Sally and Ronna.

Claire has changed her favorite name from "Baby Poopy" to "Poopy Doggy." Unfortunately, as Ben and I have nothing better, they are included on our list.

I am still tired all the time, but I am hoping in 3-5 years I won't feel so exhausted.

We have not gotten any of the baby stuff out of storage yet, but the clock is ticking so we will be doing that within the next couple of weeks. I can't believe we're less than a month away! I am excited to see this new little one and hold her in my arms!

5 comments:

jonni said...

I can't believe you are so close to having your baby! It seems like this pregnancy went by really fast (probably not for you though). Good luck and I hope you don't have to have an "emergency" c-section!

Danielle said...

I was out of breath with both kids - it felt like I needed to get myself in shape or something - and I had pretty serious braxton hicks with Austin. I could actually watch my tummy tense and relax. It felt like they were going on ALL. THE. TIME. Perhaps that's why I didn't really realize I was in labor when I actually was. :)
I'm sure you'll figure out a name, but I know several people who have brought nameless children home from the hospital too. It all works out in the end. You can always name her Danielle. ;)

TheBenandKaties said...

I think "Poopy Doggy" is even worse than "Moon Unit" and "Diva Thin Muffin"! (Maybe you should add those names to your list!) But it sure made me laugh, so much that I had to read it to Ben out loud. Good luck with a that birthing/newborn stuff! I'll be thinking of you and looking for updates! And if Poopy Doggy is born on the 20th, she'll share Seren's birthday!

Mandy said...

Ugh, the itching. I forgot about the itching. I hated that! I'm happy you are so close and I can't wait to see pictures and find out her name!

ferfischer said...

You look great! I, however, look like a whale and I'm several weeks behind you. You probably saw penny's names for the baby - poop fart eyeball butt. Gosh, I just love this age.