Can you believe two months have passed already? I can't! Yet at the same time, it seems like Camille has always been with us- she fits in so perfectly with our family.
I am absolutely LOVING having a newborn around. It's easy to love it when you have such an easy baby! Camille still sleeps for about 19 hours a day. She sleeps pretty well at night. She was waking up 3 times a night to nurse, but now she is mostly down to 2. At 2:30 and 4:30 she wakes up. And it is like clockwork- she is amazing with her own schedule. She is still sleeping with me in my bed, and probably will for at least a couple more months. It makes my life easier, and I love having her so close.
She is gaining weight beautifully- I can't get enough of her chubby arms and thighs! They are the cutest things! People think she is 3 months or older, and I sometimes forget that she is still a newborn because of how fast she is growing.
Overall, she is very happy. She grunts instead of cries- mostly. She will cry when she wakes up hungry (which is every time she wakes up), but then I feed her and then she is the happiest thing. I can't believe I can put her in the bouncy chair or the swing and she will just sit there and watch the world around her without making a peep. I couldn't do that with my other babies because they would just cry, but it has been so nice with Camille.
I swear I heard her laugh a few days ago. She has this "game" that she plays with me. When she is finished nursing, she will pretend to latch on and then just smile and smile as if she got me good. I know it seems crazy to think that a two month old is capable of such a thing, but I swear she does it! Then, a couple days ago she was playing her "game" with me and she started laughing. It was the cutest thing. She is the cutest thing.
Here she is, though, already getting sick of me taking too many pictures of her:
And here she is sticking her tongue out at me:
She has learned to be scared of Claire, and will often make a funny face when Claire comes near. Claire loves her baby sister, but sometimes she loves her a little too much.
I love carrying Camille around in the Moby Wrap. I LOVE having a newborn to snuggle! And, Camille loves to snuggle back.
I absolutely just love Camille. She is so sweet and precious. It has been a relatively easy adjustment to having a third baby- probably because she is so sweet. Audra and Claire "help" out and are very sweet. Claire calls her "Camille Bug" like I do, and Audra will say, "I want to see if the newborn baby is awake." The hardest part is trying to keep the older two kids entertained while I am nursing or tending to Camille, but they are doing better. Hopefully, the transition will continue to be smooth.
It is simply a joyful time. I LOVE my life!!!! I'm about to cry just thinking about how fortunate I am. I LOVE staying home with these girls and playing with them all day every day. I love it when Camille holds on tight to my index finger for dear life. I love it when she plays with me by sticking her tongue out at me or by her latching game that I described above. This is just such a wonderful time for me, and I am incredibly grateful.
I'm not sure of what else I can say. We are happy. We are complete. Life is wonderful.
4 comments:
I am just so happy for you!! I hope someday I can experience an easy newborn too!!
I keep saying that I have earned an easy baby- I deserve it! You do too, that's for sure! People who have not had difficult babies really, truly, cannot understand how hard it is!
Oh the baby hormones! :). It goes fast, doesn't it?
What an adorable girl!
Post a Comment