Last Tuesday night we had a sleepover with Melissa's girls. It was a huge success- the girls all had a blast. They were up a little late and up a little early, but what do you expect at a sleepover? It was Audra and Claire's first one, which was awesome for them.
The next day we got up and I went with my baby sister to the zoo. The girls were so excited. But, we quickly realized a big problem: Rain.
We got a lot of rain and had to take lots of stops to wait out the rain. Because of that we weren't able to see a lot of animals, but that did not deter the kids excitement.
Until the end. Claire had a huge meltdown at the end, and it was time to leave. Then Audra started crying because I had said she could play on the playground, but with the rain and Claire's meltdown it just wasn't in the cards.
When we got to the car I said, "Audra, I am really disappointed in you and Claire's behavior." She looked at me and exclaimed in haughty indignation: "Well, what did you expect? We were up late last night because of the sleepover, and up early this morning, so we're tired!"
Well, I guess I got told.
The girls got to brush the goats which was awesome! I've never been to a zoo that let's kids do that, so it was pretty neat for the girls:
When Camille saw the goats, she was all sorts of excited. If you know Camille, this is her excited pose: Head sticking forward, shoulders back, and squealing "uh, uh, uhhhhhh!"
The pictures are not blurry. It is just how fast she is shaking in excitement at seeing the goats. It really was one of the cutest things I have ever seen. I love this girl!
Fun day- until the end. But still worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment