Awhile ago I posted about the difficulty of Camille's sleeping. She insisted on sleeping with the light on.
The solution we came up with was putting a 3 watt lightbulb in her light, and that seems to work perfectly. But, man, if you forget and turn the light off, there are massive sobs of horror- so you should not forget to leave the light on.
Well, her other interesting situation is that she hates to sleep in her bed. Or with covers. For a long while she would only sleep on her changing pad, which we keep on the floor. Every night when we go in to put her back in bed, we simply have no idea what we will get. Sometimes her feet will be on her changing pad with the rest of her body on the floor. Sometimes she will be on the wrong end of her bed on top of all of her covers. One night we found her curled up in the fetal position right next to her bed:
Also, notice how messy her bedroom is. All of our girls have done this, but she is now in the stage of throwing everything out of her drawers. It's so annoying.
Then, for a last update. A couple of months ago Camille decided she hated diapers. At nap time she would take her diaper off and pee on the floor. If her diaper got even slightly wet she would insist on having it changed. I knew we were going to have to potty train- way earlier than I wanted to!
The day after Christmas, since Ben was home, we decided to start training her. She picked it up pretty well- except #2. In 6 weeks she only went #2 on the potty twice. For those of you great at math, that means she had a lot of accidents. But, I think the last few days she has turned a corner- she finally seems to be getting it. Phew! I really, really hate potty training, but we are about done potty training the last child, and that does feel nice.
2 comments:
I remember having to take out the lightbulb in the boys' room for awhile when N was about that age...he would turn on the light and wake up baby A. It was annoying.
As far as the covers and all that stuff goes, though, I confess my kids still don't sleep under covers with heads on pillows. They just never have figured that out. They nest in their beds and so I usually just put on a fitted sheet and let them do what they want with their pillows and blankets. I don't think that matters all that much. I figure by college they should be sleeping normally. ;) Maybe if you got her buy-in on a special pillow or sheets or something?
And man, may the force be with you RE: potty training. You are almost there.
F sleeps in a tent and loves it. KidCo makes toddler tents that zip up. There is a small pad that goes under it has a little bit of cushion. She loves it. You might give something like that a try, if you feel like you want to. Hooray for potty training. No more diapers is such an awesome accomplishment.
Post a Comment