Saturday, February 14, 2015

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

Audra was disappointed that we didn't do MORE for Valentine's Day. I think a skate party with a million Valentine's is plenty, but apparently a 7-year-old requires more. I do not envy her future significant other.

Tonight we ordered Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza- it seems to be a yearly tradition. Then, we made some chocolate fondue for dessert. That was a huge hit, and it was nice to finally bust out the fondue maker that we got for our wedding and have only used once. Any great fondue making secrets or recipes out there that I should know about?




The girls made us cards and gave me a bag of candy that they put together from their leftover Halloween candy. Ben got no candy from them- hehe. I'm not sharing:) He's alright, though, because I got him some Mocorons from Trader Joe's because while in Vegas I got some and LOVED them, but he was worried to try them because I couldn't tell if they had nuts in them or not. Now he finally gets to try them- with, hopefully, no allergic reaction.

2 comments:

Shells said...

Good thing Ben didn't try them. Most macaroons are made with almond flour. We kept valentine's low key too. No presents or candy since we went to a dessert party, plenty of sugar there!

Christina said...

He actually isn't allergic to almonds, so he should be OK. He hasn't tried these ones yet (too much other sugar items in the house!), so we will see if he is fine or not soon.