Monday, July 27, 2015

Ben's Head and Family Home Evening

Our church leaders have suggested that every family do a Family Home Evening once a week. On Mondays, we try and do a special night- have a spiritual lesson, sing songs, say prayers, and do an activity- then have a nice treat.

I decided to do something totally fun and original this Monday- much to Ben's surprise. He had no idea.

I talked about baptism and the sacrament and how they both help make us clean to forgive us of our sins so we can come closer to Christ.

Then, for the activity, we shaved Ben's head. I said his hair was sin, the razor baptism, and his clean head the cleanliness we can have once we are baptized, and that we can renew each Sunday with the sacrament.

Ben had been talking about shaving his head, so he was game after a little convincing. The girls thought it was wonderful.

Before- so full of "sin"

Audra helping

Camille's turn


Free of sin. Well, kind-of. We learned to get it totally clean shaven we need an actual blade, which I am NOT going to use on him as I value his life. But it was still fun.

No comments: