Friday, July 24, 2015

Driving Home

I was able to convince my mom to drive home with me. It was A LOT to ask! 23 hours in a car with three small children and a bad back was not easy for my mom. But, it was awesome to have the help. The girls did incredibly awesome considering all we asked of them on this trip: Various hotels, a different bed almost every night, hours upon hours in the car, tons of new people and places- but they did great. However, by the end of our trip they were all tired and a little grumpy. I am proud of them, but we were all ready to finally head home!

We stopped at a hotel in Boise for the night. The girls LOVED swimming in the pool- definitely a hit!


Shari's for dinner

We had them sleep sideways on the bed so they could all fit. It worked!
 We ended up going through Pocatello on the way to Bear Lake, so we stopped and had lunch with my mom's brothers and their wives. It was a nice added bonus that we didn't expect!

Claire, Keith, Camille, Brent, Phullis, Reva, Audra, Mom

Visiting my Grandma High's headstone

And Grandma and Grandpa Clark's headstone

Our last stop was Bear Lake for a couple of nights. My mom had never been there, so it was fun for her to see it. We even saw a moose, which was fun.




And then HOME! Ben was very excited for us to return home- he claims to have missed us. I think he enjoyed having a clean and quiet home, though.

1 comment:

Mandy said...

What a fun vacation! I'm so glad I got to see you. Wish I could have seen you on the way home too!