The girls were really excited- and I was, too. I was actually feeling a bit discouraged a few weeks ago and wondering once again if I am royally scarring my children for life by homeschooling, but then I pulled out our curriculum and ordered the last of our supplies and got super excited again. The curriculum is just so stellar! The read alouds we have this year are fantastic- we are studying World History from Christ-present. I love their math curriculum- we are once again switching it up. This time we are using Math U See. Anyway, it got me excited.
It also didn't hurt that I found out that the first two days of school were being spent on testing, because as you know- it wasn't enough to end last year with full on testing, they need to start with it as well just in case their educational level dramatically increased or decreased over the summer (news flash: it didn't).
So yesterday the girls finally got to wear their new school clothes. I splurged and let them buy new clothes, even though after we took our pictures we just went back inside to the dining room table and pretty much just continued right where we left off last year. It was quite wonderful, actually.
You can't read their signs, unfortunately. Audra's simply says 3rd grade, Claire's 1st grade, and Camille's Pre-Pre School, because as you know- if her sisters have a sign, she needs one, too.
| I love this picture of Camille- might be my favorite one of her ever! |
They don't even have to wear shoes at our school.
This promises to be another great year! I can not even begin to explain how excited I am for the girls to be in the Options program, and the girls are extremely excited as well. That doesn't start until the 24th, but I am certain it will be well worth the wait!
After we finished our official schooling, the girls went downstairs to play. Eventually they asked me for a screwdriver. Weird, but whatever- I gave them one. I went downstairs and they had completely taken apart this truck the girls are riding on. This is one of their favorite toys, but they were so excited to have put the ride in various parts. Then, they wanted to paint all the parts. I told them if they could put the truck back together, I would get them paint. As you can see from the picture, they got the paint.
After about an hour of working, they came upstairs with the fully put back together project. I am not going to lie, I was incredibly impressed. Apparently I need to get them a tool set for Christmas!
I counted this as their homework for School Day #1.
No comments:
Post a Comment