Saturday, December 26, 2015

Christmas Day!

While I loved seeing all of the wonderful pictures of everybody's perfectly wonderful Christmas morning, we were grateful for something quite different: That we didn't end up in the ER.

Camille came down with a case of croup. Unfortunately, that meant I got maybe one hour of sleep on Christmas Eve. It was rough- made rougher because I knew I couldn't sleep in.

However, after I made breakfast I was able to go upstairs and take a three hour nap. That's the one good thing about having a sick kid on Christmas: Ben is home so we can tag team.

Regardless of the croup, we did have a nice (although exhausting) Christmas. We didn't go over to my in-laws like we usually do, but they did stop by over here for a few minutes to see the girls which was nice.

And, we didn't go to the ER- hallelujah!









Audra wanted to make a skirt for Claire. We made one, but it was way too small. Luckily, it fit Camille- and she loves it.












I made aeberskivers again, like last year. They seem to be a good hit. Audra says she wants them 100 million times a year. Once a year seems good enough to me! I'm glad I read my notes from last year, that helped. I made chocolate ganache, lemon curd, and used raspberry jelly for fillings.







The girls had a lot of fun playing with their new toys- Magformers, a couple of Wii games, art supplies, books, card games, and more. The girls were spoiled, but not overly spoiled- just the right amount of spoiling. Claire's big gift was a Hello Kitty camera, Audra got a doll car seat.



I'm not sure what videos I'm getting. Blogger will only let me upload really short videos, so most of the ones I took won't work. Whatever ones will work are the ones I'm uploading for Grandma to enjoy.

Here's my Grandma High's recipe (it's not the one I used, but I think I will try it next time):


No comments: